火曜日, 8月 22, 2006

In -Twain'd Hamlet's Dead Poet

Just a couple of quotes that I came across recently that seem rather fitting at the moment.

The first is from Mark Twain:

If you don't read the paper you are uninformed,
If you do read the paper you are misinformed.

The second is from Dead Poet's Society given by the character Todd Anderson:

I... I close my eyes, and this image floats beside me.
A sweaty-toothed madman with a stare that pounds my brain.
His hands reach out and choke me.
And all the time he's mumbling.

Mumbling truth... Truth's like a blanket that always leaves your feet cold.

Y-You push it, stretch it, it'll never be enough. You kick at it, beat it, it will never cover any of us. From the moment we enter crying to the moment we leave dying, it will cover just your head as you wail and cry and scream!


It almost gives you that Hamlet feeling when dealing with so much 'News Media' anymore when he said,

I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a
king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.



1 件のコメント:

yasser さんのコメント...

i like the quote about truth....