日曜日, 10月 29, 2006

Shifting Views

Today feels like a slower day, but one filled with a purpose I cannot place. It's also been a while since I've put a few items that have lasted with me for years - for some reason there are certain things that just hit right and make a subtle but definite change in how I view the world.


The Road

The road goes ever on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the road has gone,
I must follow if I can,
Pursuing it with weary feet,
Until it joins some larger way,
Where many paths and errands meet
And wither then I cannot say.

J.R.R. Tolkien


Warrior's Prayer

And the four spoke the words of the Warrior's Prayer.
Gods of war I call you, my sword is by my side.
I seek a life of honor, free from all false pride.
I will crack the whip with a bold mighty hail.
Cover me with death if I should ever fail.
Glory, majesty, unity hail, hail, hail.

Manowar


In many ways they act as a reminder of things past, life present, and dreams future. There are others that also fit in this category - maybe one day they will find there way here, but until then enough of my rambling - please enjoy :)

0 件のコメント: