金曜日, 4月 28, 2006

Streamlined

I remember once in high school hearing that the whole 2001 book was written as a streamline of thought, which as I watched the movie in class I could easily see - as every now and then I felt like I was watching a very long run on sentence.

But in a way isn't that life?

Not as though we can go back and rewrite the stuff we don't like, or change events to prevent regrets. Instead though we are provided other tools to help forget the days of amnesia past. Many try to drown those moments in the fog of an alcoholic binge, others through a myriad of drugs - be they legal or not. Another one I see a lot of though is just flat out denial, in some cases til the brain gets tired of reality and conforms to the forgetful desires of the host. And we haven't even gotten to the spin :P

The most common though is where memories are tainted by 'spin' (like you didn't see that one coming) where usually either through persuasive self-argument or with a little help from another memories become shaded tweezed and adjusted to put the 'correct' light on them.

In the end though it's still the same time and place we're grasping to recall. Like an item misplaced and neglected for either lack of need or self preservation. It's times like those when Albus Dumbledore's Pensieve would be really nice to have around.


Until then, it seems that history will forever be free to make its rounds with the power of repeating. As for me - I'll just keep pressing forward in this little streamline of perceived reality and let the trivia that collects help me remember days of amnesia past, and if I'm lucky I'll dodge that low branch next time it comes by.

*rubs head where it hit last time*

2 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

GET OUT OF YOUR HEAD AND COME PLAY WITH US!! :) AVY AND DYL LOVED YOUR KITTY. AVY THINKS THAT WE SHOULD SPEND OUR WHOLE DAY FEEDING MR. KITTY :)

LOVE YA-

Unknown さんのコメント...

whoa - all caps - been a while since i've read a scream quite like that :P

untitl then enjoy feeding tekk, and i'll catch you later.