日曜日, 4月 29, 2007

Reality Check

Okay I got an e-mail that says the following:
This incredible machine was built as a collaborative effort between the Robert M. Trammell Music Conservatory and the Sharon Wick School of Engineering at the University of Iowa .

Amazingly, 97% of the machine's components came from John Deere Industries and Irrigation Equipment of Bancroft Iowa , yes farm equipment.It took the team a combined 13,029 hours of set-up, tuning, alignment and calibration before filming this video but as you can see it was well worth the effort.

It is now on display in the Matthew Gerhard Alumni Hall at the University and is already slated to be donated to the Smithsonian.


With the following video attachment.


Is it real? At first I was leaning toward yes - - hell it's a cool video either way. But sadly it was the high level of cool that brought the inner skeptic out and I had to see if I could find out more about this amazing machine.

And although I know now, I will leave the question hanging for future visitors - - Is it real? Anymore reality seems to be more of a personal question of perception :P

0 件のコメント: