金曜日, 1月 01, 2010

New Year, New Post

Actually this is more of a test post than anything else. I've been toying with the idea of buying a netbook now for a few months, and I finally gave into the temptation with all of the holiday sales going on.

After some research it looks like the current hardware is very similar - same processor, RAM, even hard drive size. So I started looking for other features that might help make a decision. Keyboard and battery size are two biggies.

So after bouncing around and searching sites I finally came up with a Samsung GO, which was lucky enough to find on sale.

First thing I did with it when it came in was to install Win7 32bit OS. It seems to function fine but I still want to upgrade the RAM and see how much it helps. Main spots of lag seem to be involving start up. Battery life seems good though, as the gage still reads over 4hrs at the moment, and that is after running some major updates from Windows and typing up this post.

Hardest part so far is getting used to the difference in using a touch pad so close to the keyboard, due to the jumping cursor. The keyboard itself is great, spacing is is nice - and unlike other netbooks I'm not hitting multiple keys at every turn.

Wireless seems solid too -- as this is the first time I've really tried using it at home, so far I'm pleasantly surprised. Later I'll need to give streaming music and video a good test. If both of those pan out *smiles* til then...

0 件のコメント: