金曜日, 11月 16, 2007

HBO - A Fluid Exisitance

There are days I grow weary of human contact. . . pets included. Although I'm more understanding of pets, even when they are overly whiny, as it's hard to hold them to any sort of logic when the patches aren't quite connected, even that will only last so long though. It's different with adults - - I usually expect more from them, the cause effect patches should have connected by then.

Expecting more usually comes back to bite me, generally in the form of extra work and the nagging question of "How did I do this to myself again?". (usually it happens when I make the mistake of answering the phone :P)

What happened to the ideas of self-sufficiency, and living up to the responsibilities taken on? Is it me, or has the world has become more fluid? Everything feels more political by nature as the world begins to play more and more toward the mob, a glutton of the present that does not see the hollow future.

A brief reminder of those words of wisdom from The Case of Dexter Ward by HP Lovecraft
I say to you againe, doe not call up Any that you can not put downe; by the Which I meane, Any that can in Turne call up Somewhat against you, whereby your Powerfullest Devices may not be of use. Ask of the Lesser, lest the Greater shal not wish to Answer, and shal commande more than you.

0 件のコメント: