火曜日, 11月 13, 2007

Jigoku ni Ike

Hell is relative, it changes with the tides, our mood, shifting with the change in life's daily stressors. Human nature is messy, and depending on our state forces us to either bury our hell in hopes that it will just go away, or we fight it - focusing the pain, fear, and anger outward to remove the source of our pain or inward in hopes of finding a way to over come it.

Much like the poem Invictus, by William Henley:


OUT of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.


We plan our defenses and prepare for the siege yet to come. Praying for vengeance, and curses upon our foe then later if we survive going through survivor's guilt. Searching for understanding we grasp to justify the chaos through karma, the gods, fates and all the spirits and angels that do attend them.

But there is something strange about the hell humanity creates - - no matter how bad it gets we seem to find a way to live with it. We look at the mess and make peace with it - adjusting to the pain we begin to think it normal. Without the power to change the situation we allow the situation to change us. . . for good or ill we are either anchor'd or moved further down The Road.

Due to this flexibility of the human soul I no longer know what hell is or will be like - only that it will have phones in it :P

0 件のコメント: