土曜日, 11月 10, 2007

Realm Choices

I've been thinking about this recently off and on. With so many options* in World of Warcraft why play on a PVP server. I definitely don't have the blood lust in fact I'd dare say my desire for messing with most other players of either faction has dropped a bit over the past couple of years.

It took a bit of pondering but here are the top 3 reasons (in no particular order):

  1. Humility - PVP is a constant reminder that in this world and any other there is ALWAYS someone more powerful than you - paying attention may save your life but there are times when death will come to you whether you are ready for it or not.
  2. Social - I'm in a nice small guild - we know each other and in many cases I feel like we are a tighter nit group than I am with most folks in the real world.
  3. Escape - sometimes this world is not all it's cracked up to be, and if you can't physically escape the situation mental escape is your next best chance to find the space to either think things through or shove it all into your sub-conscious and let it work things over for a while :)


*Options
PVE, Player vs. World
PVP, Player vs. Player
RP, Role Play
RPVP, Role Play Player vs. Player.

0 件のコメント: