月曜日, 9月 22, 2008

Lessons Learned

The weekend had many things to teach - even if there wasn't really one I wanted to learn, funny how that happens.

First - Never call to try and to schedule a disconnect time with our local phone system until the day you want to disconnect it. It will save you much pain and suffering.

I tried to make that killing of a hard line easy only to find out they jumped the gun and killed my internet connection over a week early. It took a bit on hold but finally reached a customer service rep only to find they not only had the wrong date (24th instead of 29th) but that in order to get my connectivity back I'd need to contact their sales department and order up again. . .

Actually I'm kind of curious to see what will happen on the 24th. . . hell the whole reason for keeping any of it was to last until the cable got connected :P

Needless to say I'm very glad I'm going back to another provider.

Second - Kind of ties with that provider thing. I've always enjoy'd my 'net. If anything at times I thought I was a junkie of sorts. Until that is I found out just how deep my sister had become. I think she went through some serious withdrawal symptoms.

Enough to go and skim some bandwidth from our folks place. Wonder how she's going to handle the lack of connectivity until the cable gets hooked up? She got a week to try and hold her sanity or brake down go skim the bandwidth from another stream.

Anyway come the 30th the cable connection will be restored and the data bits will flow again. Until then I think I may just hang around work for a bit and take advantage of what I have.

'nuff said.

0 件のコメント: