火曜日, 12月 02, 2008

Self Reliance

Is it real, or just something we've been trained to aim for?

I got a lecture from one of those we try to support. How disappointed they were that I was unable to get their tablet computer up and running for them fast enough - the I was unable to get their stylus replaced fast enough. BAH!!

In some ways I feel like with much of technology we are becoming too addicted. The old ways of pen and paper are being lost, which raises the question what will happen when the power goes out or e-mail goes down?

I feel at times that I'm living the bureaucratic maxim: a bureaucracy is only working properly when no one is really happy.

I'm bound by process, and one who needs something a bit more industrial strength. I've replaced more parts on his systems to the point that I've grown the opinion that as cool as tablets are they are not ready for heavy duty use.

Still a technology in development as far as I'm concerned.

Honestly if I cold swing it tablets would go away for a bit and dock bars would disappear all together - it seems that if one part will go out on a system like that it's the dock bar :P

Until then let the storm rant and rave - not to much one can do about the weather. . .

0 件のコメント: