月曜日, 3月 31, 2008

Shift Work

Today I completed my move into a new office space which I've started calling "The Narrows". The room is about 30 feet long and around 6 feet wide. A counter top is close to 2 1/2 feet wide and runs the length of the room, taking a right turn by one of the doors at the end, making an "L" shape.

It took a little bit to clean it up and prepare the space in order to make it function for our needs. One of the strange things about this space is it connects directly to a lab, in fact you need to go through the lab to get in, which isn't all that bad once you get used to the fact every time you enter using the key card a loud beep will be heard.

Currently I'm just getting used to all the new noises, the change in lighting etc. I'm glad it's spring break this week - allowing the chance to get used to this before tossing in the complications of students and classes in trying to get in and set up.

As spring break ends so begins the real shift in the work schedule as well, when I begin working close instead of the mid-day swing. Should be interesting.

It feels different, and I know it's temporary. . . I've been told it is, and I have faith that it is.

And if it isn't well, I've still got my red Swingline stapler :P

0 件のコメント: